But doesn’t everyone need one of those?
Friday December 24th 2010, 8:43 pm
Filed under: Family,Knit,Knitting a Gift

Merry Christmas and Happy Winterdance, everyone!

You knit a strip of braided cable to the length around your head, sew the ends, then pick up the stitches sideways and knit upwards from there. Pretty nifty idea. I was still at the long narrow strip and it looked like nothing that made sense.

The hubby mentioned last night that he thought a wrapped pattern printout and needles didn’t cut it, and so somehow I wasn’t working on the baby blanket today.

Nobody paid attention to what I was knitting. (Maybe studiously not paying attention to it.) Nobody was going to ask me–clearly, I had to take matters into my own hands:

“You know what I’m making?”

Just the one kid in the room and it’s not for him. He shakes his head no.

“An asparagus cozy.”

“I don’t want to know. I don’t want to know!”

8 Comments so far

My favorite Lockhorn comic strip show the wife knitting and saying to the husband “if you must know, I’m knitting you a straitjacket.”

Merry Christmas to you and your asparagus cozy.

Comment by afton 12.25.10 @ 8:32 am

I wish I had thought of that a day or two ago.

Comment by sherry in Idaho 12.25.10 @ 8:58 am

You’re making asparagus nice and cozy? At least it’s not a strait jacket.

Happy Holidays!

Comment by Don Meyer 12.25.10 @ 10:19 am

I made one of those! (the hat, not the veggie knit)

Comment by Diana Troldahl 12.25.10 @ 11:22 am

You should entitle the hat “Asparagus Cozy” ’cause it’s brilliant!
Thanks for the links, you and Di. My want-to-do list grows

Comment by LynnM 12.25.10 @ 11:48 am

All I could think about when I heard “Asparagus Cozy” was Veggie Tales. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG37Bbx1qk&feature=related

Sorry, but it made me laugh!

Comment by Laura 12.25.10 @ 8:06 pm

Veggie Tales ARE awesome, and jumped into my mind too… Hem…

Comment by Channon 12.26.10 @ 7:50 am

I love that description đŸ™‚ (Oh, and congrats on being a grandma, too!!! ;))

Comment by Amy 12.26.10 @ 1:36 pm

Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>